1. Club soda mixed with pomegranate juice. 160 calories per cup; still bubbly.
2. Tonic water with a squeeze of lemon or lime. Only 80 calories; still bubbly.
3. Light yogurt and fruit smoothie. Creamy and sweet, high in calcium and only 174 calories per cup.
4. Tomato juice or V8. Packed with flavor; high in vitamins C, A, and potassium and only 50 calories per cup.
5. Flavored seltzer. Carbonated, but zero calories.
6. Energy drink (such as Gatorade). Tastes sweet, 60 calories per cup, contains electrolytes.
7. Apple cider. Has 120 calories per cup, but packs a tangy, substantial flavor.
8. Milk, whole or skim. High in calcium and protein—and you need both. With 145 calories per cup of whole milk; 85 calories for skim.
9. Ovaltine made with skim milk. It's chocolaty, fortified with vitamins and minerals, high in calcium and protein and 170 calories per cup.
10. Tea or coffee, unsweetened. Get a boost on less than five calories per cup, plus it's high in antioxidants.
Blogged with Flock